Why is the auction so important to participate in?
The money raised from our annual auction accounts for 80% of the Country School Parents’ Association (CSP) budget. Because the CSPA funds school supplies, field trips, school events, and many other things critical to making our school what it is, the time you spend to help raise money directly enriches your child’s experience at TCS.
What has the CSPA paid for this school year?
- School supplies for the entire school
- 20 new iPads for the Lower School
- Upper School fall sports program expenses
- Assemblies for the entire school
- Adkins Arboretum trip for Kindergarten
- New desks for 2nd grade
- Baltimore Aquarium field trip for 2nd grade
- Pickering Creek field trip for 3rd grade
- Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum field trip for 5th grade
- Air & Space Museum field trip for 6th grade
- Two-Night outdoor education trips for Upper School
I own a business. How can I contribute?
Business owners may sponsor the event at the level of their choosing, which includes your business’ logo in all of our publicity. Higher levels include tickets to and banners displayed at the event. You may also donate products or services to our silent and/or live auction. Restrictions can be made as to expiration dates and other requirements that are at the donor’s discretion.
I don’t own a business or have anything to donate. How else can I help?
There are so many ways! If you are a natural salesperson, you may want to help solicit items and services for our silent auction. If you have friends or family with vacation homes, ask them to donate a week’s stay. Or simply volunteer your time by helping to sell tuition raffle tickets, publicizing the auction, helping with set up and/or break down of the event, and buying tickets to attend. These are all ways that help us reach our goal of raising as much money as we possibly can for our students.
Who do I talk to?
Contact advancement director Connie Alderfer.
Let her know you would like to help and she can put you in touch with the chairperson for this year's auction.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!